Week Festival of Disability Golf
The rescheduled Cairns Cup has a few changes to the original itinerary here is the full week in its new format: Monday 13th September Both Teams to arrive at the 2010 Clubhouse at 4pm where the accommodation in the Hunter lodges will be allocated. Tuesday 14th September Teams will use the day for practice on the Driving Range and putting greens – Golf on 2010 course maybe available at the discretion of Celtic Manor and its members. In the evening there will be a welcome BBQ at the 2010 Clubhouse Spike Bar for all players, Family & invited guests. Wednesday 15th September The Charity Am Am will be played on the 2010 Ryder Cup course, it will be a shotgun start at 11am with registration starting at 8-30am – Coffee & Bacon rolls will be provided. There will be Dave Edwards Trick shot show on the driving range at 10am. We will have LIVE SCORING, games and challenges on the course on all Par 3’s along with longest and straightest drives. After Golf the Gala Dinner will take place at the Chairman’s marquee & Via Julia Suite where we be entertained by Tom Jones Tribute act the evening will include Games, auction & Prize presentation. Thursday 16th September Both teams will take part in the Disability Golf Workshop being organised by THE GOLF TRUST from 11am till 3pm – Refreshments will be available. In the evening there will be reception buffet for Players, family & invited guests on BBQ Terrace & Rooftop Garden, we will be entertained by a 40 strong Welsh Choir. Friday 17th September The opening ceremony will take place at the 2010 clubhouse at 11am where we will again be entertained by the Welsh choir plus the pairings for the day’s 6 Fourball better ball matches will be announced. The first match will tee off at 1pm on the 2010 Ryder Cup Course. Saturday 18th September Teams will meet at 2010 Clubhouse at 11am for announcement of the 6 Foursome matches that will tee off at 1pm on the 2010 Ryder cup course. Sunday 19th September Teams will meet at 2010 Clubhouse at 11am for announcement of the 12 Single matches that will tee off at 1pm on the 2010 Ryder cup course. In the evening at approx. 7pm will be the Presentation dinner in the Samuel Ryder Suite for players, family & invited guests.
- Each USA & Europe team player to play in the Am-Am with a 3 man Team of Sponsors or guests – 2 Players to Score each hole Stableford.
- 6 Matches – 50% Combined Handicap – Full Difference
- 6 Matches – 90% Handicap applies from low man
- 12 Matches – See Rules Below
- The Foursomes & Fourball’s can be any combination of handicaps.
- The Singles will be played off Scratch in groups, Players will be put into 2 groups of 4 and 2 groups of 2 as follows.
- Group 1 –would be 4 players between Handicaps 0 – 10
- Group 2 –would be 4 players between Handicaps 8 – 18 (No More than 2 off single figures allowed)
- Group 3 –would be 2 players between Handicaps 16 – 24
- Group 4 – would be 2 players between 24 – 54
- In each group the players will be numbered either 1 to 4 or 1 to 2 for latter 2 groups then corresponding numbers will play each other off SCRATCH. In ANY Group if the difference between the drawn players handicaps is 8 or more then the Highest handicap player will receive 50% of the difference – if it is an odd number it will round down the number not up.